SearsMOD is an up-and-coming major building development in Los Angeles, targeting the revitalization and renovation of the Sears Mail Order District in Boyle Heights. Worked as part of a large team to implement a WordPress site from agency-provided comps and base theme files.
Started with an agency-provided theme, used on all the agency web sites. Customized and extended with child theme, added settings, options, and CSS overrides. Using SASS to create news styles and cascade over the base parent styles.
Visual Composer Widgets
Created and registered ten custom widgets that are compatible with Visual Composer and the regular WordPress sidebar widgets.
Page Templates and Custom Post Types
Setup and registered a range of page templates and custom post types for site customization. All are compatible with Visual Composer.
- Team - photos, description, titles.
- Shortcodes for standard button sizes and styling.
- Properties - CPT for each property in the development, with photos, tables, description. Also coded grid post navigation for switching between properties.
- Interactive Map. Two types of maps: full-size bird's-eye photo with mouseovers and hotspots, to help place the property in downtown L.A. Second map is a two-dimensional medallion that is embeddable on any page for quick, mobile-friendly navigation. (Mouseover tool-tips on desktop.)
- Gallery - photo and video gallery, pagination loaded via AJAX, displayed as a standard grid.
- News - custom styling for blog archives and blog singles. Sidebar with recent posts, newsletter integration, category navigation, and recent Instagram activity.
- Brochure - admin-defined PDFs for download and printing.
- Contact Forms - Gravity Forms, with advanced styling and layout. Optional subscribe to newsletter functionality on checkbox.