Elk Springs Resort is a WordPress web site coded to list rental properties in the Smoky Mountains. The rental listings and booking & payment process are integrated with a custom MSSQL (SQL Server) back-end.
Custom theme development to integrate the site design and layout with the back-end MSSQL server. The front-end of the site displays real-time rental availability and captures credit card details for bookings.
Multiple cabin pages derived from MSSQL data source; cabin archive pages for filtering and sorting; cabin single pages with details; reservation booking process.
- Cabin Archives - filter by cabin type, amenities, location. Quick links for easy browsing. Shortcode for embedding archive carousel slider in other pages.
- Cabin Singles - photo carousel, linked calendars for selecting dates, custom map with marker, persistent reservation sidebar.
- Booking - Three-step wizard for creating a reservation. Syncs with MSSQL back-end to save and confirm reservations.
Custom Page Templates & Post Types
Various custom page templates and custom post types coded for the site:
- Blog - blog archive, blog single, blog category templates.
- Specials - CPT with archive, categories, optional click-through to singles.
- Contact - multiple maps, social feeds, contact form.
- Home - custom page template, multiple interactions pulled from MSSQL and WordPress database.